Some of our favorite pictures from past Rose Weekend events Our Rose Weekend is the first weekend in…
- Add 2″-3″ of mulch to all plantings, including veggies, shrubs, trees, etc. Mulch retains moisture in the soil, regulates soil temperature (cooler in summer, warmer in winter), decomposes into the soil over time to increase soil health, and gives your garden a finished look. We have a variety of mulches available.
- Water every corner of your garden! Make sure you have the proper hose lengths to reach every area of your garden. Add a water want to the hose to get the water where it’s needed most, at the base of the plants.
- The best time to water is during the early morning hours. A 6am start is ideal. Drink coffee…water plants!
- Water well! 1-1.5 inches of water per week minimum. With our extreme temperatures, you will need to offer supplemental water every few days, and in some case daily (tomatoes!), to new plantings. Get out there and test your soil. If it’s dry past 2 knuckles, you must water asap.
- Don’t forget containers and hanging baskets. They will dry out much faster. A simple drip-irrigation will help.
- Use soaker hoses to provide a slow drip watering. These can be run any time of day.
- Tree Gator Bags are a great drip irrigation bag that is perfect for newly planted trees.
- Planting new color containers? Add Coir Chips to retain moisture. Top off the container design with 2″-3″ of mulch.
Need more help? We are here 7 days a week to help keep your plants hydrated.