Are you a beginning gardener and need some help getting started? Perhaps you have a new home and need help addressing existing problem areas, or just want a fresh garden makeover. A visit with our Garden Coach will help take your gardening skills to the next level.
Testimonials from only a fraction of our very happy customers:
$35 for 45 minutes
Spend 45 minutes at the NHG garden center with our Garden Coach, a Texas Certified Nursery Professional. Your Garden Coach will help you identify areas in your landscape ready for improvement, suggest the proper plants for your needs and provide maintenance information.
Then, she’ll take you through the garden center to show you the plants you’re interested in and help you make the right choices. With your consultation you’ll receive an NHG gift card for $20 which you can apply to any plant purchase that day or in the future!
To make the most of your time, we suggest having:
- A list of at least 3 goals you want to accomplish in your garden. This list will help your Garden Coach zero in quickly on your most important needs.
- Your NHG Garden Planner. Your Garden Coach will bring one to your appointment, or if you’d like you can pick one up before your appointment and make sketches and notes for our Garden Coach to review. Make sure to note sun exposures, sun areas, shade areas (N, S, E, W). Your Garden Coach will make notes on this planner for you to keep.
- Photos of your garden. Pictures will help give your Garden Coach a better idea of what you already have and what you’d like to change. Feel free to bring any additional books, magazines, plant/garden pictures or plant tags that will help communicate your likes or dislikes.
- A plat of your property, if you have one. A plat is not necessary, but is often helpful to understand the scale of your house to the surrounding property.
How the In-Store Consultation Works:
First, your Garden Coach will sit down with you and your materials and ask you a series of questions. You’ll spend about 20 minutes (or more if you’d prefer) going over your NHG planner and photos. Your Garden Coach will make plant or hardscape suggestions and make these notes on your NHG planner. For the remainder of your appointment time, your Garden Coach will take you out into the garden center to show you recommended plants and features. Your Garden Coach can help you make plant selections at that time, or you can come back with your planner and shop at a later date (with your $20 NHG Gift Card!).
$125 first hour, $50 for each subsequent 30-min block.
Price includes travel time. By appointment.
Our Garden Coach, a Texas Certified Nursery Professional, will visit you on-site at your home by appointment in select Dallas areas. Your Garden Coach will help you identify areas in your landscape ready for improvement, suggest the proper plants and maintenance information.
To make the most of your time, we suggest having:
- A list of at least 3 goals you want to accomplish in your garden. This list will help your Garden Coach zero in quickly
on your most important needs.
- Your NHG Garden Planner if you have one. Your Garden Coach will bring one to your appointment, or if you’d like you can pick one up before your appointment and make sketches and notes for our Garden Coach to review.
- Photos, books, and magazines with plants, gardens or features you like. Additional imagery will help communicate your likes and dislikes to your Garden Coach.
- A plat of your property, if you have one. A plat is not necessary, but is often helpful. If you’d prefer your Garden Coach to make notes on the plat, you may do so.
How the At-Home Consultation Works:
Our Garden Coach will call you before your appointment and have a 5-minute phone conversation with you about your needs. If you happen to speak to her in-store, she’ll do the same. We will require advance payment for your consultation in order to secure your appointment. We can accept credit card payments over the phone or you may pay by credit card, check or cash in person at the store. Once the Garden Coach is at your home, if you decide you’d like additional time (and time is available in her schedule), payment for additional time will be due at closure of the appointment.
When your Garden Coach arrives, she will walk your property with you and ask a series of questions. She will make notes about your property, existing landscape, maintenance issues and ideas on your NHG planner. You can choose to address your entire garden, or have your Garden Coach focus on specific areas of your choice. After the tour, your Garden Coach will sit down with you and review recommendations and if time allows review additional photos of your choice, books or other items you’d like to share. You will receive a written copy of notes at your session.
Please note, our Garden Coach service does not include garden design services. While your garden coach will make plant and layout recommendations on your planner, we cannot provide a full garden design. NHG has a landscaper referral book at the store service desk that you are welcome to review.
Appointments MUST be cancelled with 24 hours notice.
Download the Garden Planner before your appointment, if you like. Kay will have one for you when you arrive.